ICC BootCamp 4
Finding & Using Tariff Codes
UK tariff codes help the UK government to track trade imports into the country and charge the right tariffs each product. HS codes are an international system for tracking trade goods. It is a legal obligation for any importers or exporters to declare the correct Tariff Code as this triggers the duties payable and also any sanctions or quotas.
Understanding how to establish the correct codes will make completing your import papers easier to achieve, and ensure no surprises later from any HMRC audits.
You’ll leave with a clear understanding of:
- An introduction to the Tariff Codes volumes I-III
- How to navigate around the tariff
- How does a tariff code attract duty?
- Countervailing, anti-dumping and quotas
- Recording the declared originating papers
Essential Kit from ICC WBO Publications
These are offered exclusively from the ICC UK at a 20% discount when booking using EBC001 Promo code.
WTO & trade
- Guide to Export/import
- Government Assets UK Global Tariff Vols I-III